By Aris Barkas/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoran had numbers that reminded his brother, Miami Heat star Goran Dragic, and Anadolu Efes got a win that might prove to be a new start. However, the story of the week remains the fact that CSKA Moscow is again alone in the standings, Baskonia destroyed Olympiacos and Khimki collapsed after the fine-gate.
As you can see in our GameCenter, there were more than many big games, but not a bigger performance than the Dragic show in Istanbul.
He had the perfect game with a ranking of 33 points after scoring 24 points without missing a shot (7/7 FG 7/7 FT). He also had three rebounds and 4 assists in a win which was badly needed by Anadolu Efes Istanbul over a feisty opponent like Crvena Zvezda mts Belgrade. Here’s his amazing game and what he had to say after it.
- Nick Calathes: He continued his impressive season with a double-double (17 points, 12 assists) and also five steals and four rebounds in Panathinaikos Superfoods’ win over FC Barcelona Lassa.
- Zoran Dragic: Just call him mr. Perfect.
- Michael Roll: He had his best EuroLeague game in the comeback win of Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv over Brose Baskets with 23 points.
- Will Clyburn: He proved once again his importance for CSKA Moscow in the easy win over Milano, having almost a double-double with 15 points, nine rebounds, four assists and three steals.
- Johannes Voigtmann: In just 14 minutes he destroyed Olympiacos with 19 points, five rebounds, one steal and one block, leading Baskonia Vitoria Gasteiz to the win.
Coach of the week: Pablo Lasso
With half his front line still out of action and Luka Doncic looking like a human, after a series of amazing games, Lasso is leading Real Madrid back to the top four teams in the standings. Imagine what will happen when the “Whites” will have a full roster again and that also includes Sergio Llull.
Last word: The “eternals” tied
Panathinaikos and Olympiacos are tied in the second place in the standings. Have you seen that coming before the start of the season? Probably not. Still at this point a Final Four which will include the two Greek powerhouses from the first time since 2012 seems to be more than possible. So brace yourselves…