By John Askounis/ firstname.lastname@example.org
EuroLeague Regular Season Round 25 is in the books with one team previously clinching the playoffs and at least four more well on their way to follow in Anadolu Efes’ footsteps. Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv is marching forward among the leading pack, additionally produced our MVP.
The rocky start to his EuroLeague career seems behind him. Tyler Dorsey matched his personal-best 19 points and set a new EuroLeague-high with 25 PIR for Maccabi’s road win against Valencia. A proven scoring force evolving into a solid two-way player under the guidance of Giannis Sfairopoulos rolling into top form with the playoffs approaching. Bad news for upcoming rivals.
1. Mike James: Game-high 29 points gets CSKA Moscow back on track.
2. Martin Hermannsson: Career-highs 24 points and 27 PIR send ALBA Berlin to crucial road win.
3. Tyler Dorsey: Our MVP forms three-guard lineup.
4. Nikola Mirotic: Combined his game-high 20 points with nine rebounds for the “W” in Athens.
5. Jonas Jerebko: Away win for Khimki Moscow Region as well, 16-point, 12-rebound double-double for the Swedish big.
Coach of the round: Ergin Ataman
Even without Shane Larkin, Anadolu Efes keeps on attending the winning column. Ergin Ataman always gets the best out of his players. The road contest versus FC Bayern Munich was no exception. Up 22-3 and with injured players set for comebacks, the Turkish outlet is the team to avoid in the playoffs.
The big issue: Four-way tie for eighth spot
First place all but reserved by Anadolu Efes means team finishing eighth will have a tough task. However, Khimki Moscow Region, Olympiacos, Fenerbahce Beko and AX Armani Exchange Milan are currently knotted at eighth place, merely one win behind Valencia. Ataman’s team or not, the playoffs race is heating up.