By Eurohoops team/ email@example.com
EuroLeague Basketball announced that three upcoming EuroLeague and two EuroCup games that were scheduled to be played in Italy are to be relocated due to the coronavirus epidemic in the country.
The matches include Thursday’s Olimpia Milano – Olympiacos. The Greek club requested EuroLeague to postpone or relocate the game and further asked the organization to reconsider after their initial petition was turned down.
As a consequence of constantly monitoring the situation regarding the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), including WHO (World Health Organization) and national administration announcements and recommendations, Euroleague Basketball has been forced to temporarily suspend the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague and 7DAYS EuroCup games in Italy at least until April 11 and to relocate those games to other territories.
The following games, which were scheduled to be played in Italy during this period, will be moved to alternate arenas outside of Italy:
– AX Armani Exchange Milan EuroLeague Regular Season Round 29 against Olympiacos Piraeus.
– AX Armani Exchange Milan EuroLeague Regular Season Round 32 against LDLC Asvel Villeurbanne.
– AX Armani Exchange Milan EuroLeague Regular Season Round 34 against CSKA Moscow.
– Segafredo Virtus Bologna EuroCup Quarterfinals Game 2 against AS Monaco.
– Umana Reyer Venice EuroCup Quarterfinals Game 2 against Unicaja Malaga.
Euroleague Basketball will communicate the final venue of each game during the following days. The evolution of the situation will continue to be monitored with the relevant international and national authorities, as well as with the clubs, and any changes to the above measures will be communicated in due course.