By Giorgos Orfanakis/ email@example.com
Eurocup’s draw will be held in Barcelona on Thursday and one day earlier it was announced the criteria and the seeds. Also Proximus Spirou Charleroi, Avtodor Saratov and Szolnoki Olaj are the new teams in the competition.
VEF Riga, PGE Turow Zgorzelec and Juventus Utena failed to complete their registration in the competition and were replaced. So, the seeds changed one day before the draw.
• The 36 teams qualified for the Eurocup Regular Season will be divided into two geographical conferences of 18 teams each, and the teams in each conference will be divided into six seeds with three teams in each.
• The performance of teams in European competitions during a three year period will be used. Each club will get 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie or loss from the Regular Season onwards. 2 bonus points are allocated for reaching the last 16, 2 bonus points are allocated for reaching the last 8, 1 bonus point is allocated for reaching the last 4, 1 bonus point is allocated for reaching the Final. The Club Ranking consists of the sum of the club coefficients from the last three years. The results of the worst performing team from each country/League will be added together every year to create a position for that country/League in the Club Ranking. This is the lowest possible position that any club from that country/League can occupy in the draw.
• If two or more teams have the same Club Ranking, the tie will be resolved by the total number of wins during the three year period. Should a tie persist, the final standings in the Euroleague and if necessary Eurocup from the previous season will be used to break the tie. Should a tie still persist, the final standings in the Domestic Championship from the previous season (after the playoffs) will be used to break the tie. Should a tie still persist, a draw will be used to break the tie, with the Company determining the method for the draw.
• Within each conference, the first three teams from this Club Ranking participating in the Regular Season will be 1 Seeds, the next three 2 Seeds, the next three 3 Seeds, the next three 4 Seeds, the next three 5 Seeds, and the remaining three teams will be 6 Seeds.
Group Draw Restrictions
The restriction when drawing the teams into groups is the following:
• Two teams from the same country cannot coincide in the same Regular Season group until it is physically impossible to apply this restriction. For these purposes, teams coming from the Adriatic League will be considered as teams coming from the same country.
|EUROCUP CONFERENCE 1||EUROCUP CONFERENCE 2|
|1 SEEDS||1 SEEDS|
|ALBA Berlin||Unics Kazan|
|Valencia Basket||Galatasaray Istanbul|
|CEZ Basketball Nymburk||Besiktas Integral Forex Istanbul|
|2 SEEDS||2 SEEDS|
|Herbalife Gran Canaria Las Palmas||Banvit Bandirma|
|CAI Zaragoza||Nizhny Novgorod|
|Dominion Bilbao Basket||Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius|
|3 SEEDS||3 SEEDS|
|Union Olimpija Ljubljana||Trabzonspor Medical Park|
|Telenet Ostend||Zenit St. Petersburg|
|ratiopharm Ulm||Krasny Oktyabr Volgograd|
|4 SEEDS||4 SEEDS|
|JSF Nanterre||Buducnost VOLI Podgorica|
|SLUC Nancy||Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem|
|Le Mans Sarthe Basket||Avtodor Saratov*|
|5 SEEDS||5 SEEDS|
|Proximus Spirou Charleroi*||PAOK Thessaloniki|
|Telekom Baskets Bonn||Aris Thessaloniki|
|Grissin Bon Reggio Emilia||AEK Athens|
|6 SEEDS||6 SEEDS|
|Umana ReyerVenice||Neptunas Klaipeda|
|Dolomiti Energia Trento||Szolnoki Olaj*|
|Enel Basket Brindisi||Steaua CSM EximBank Bucharest|
*Proximus Spirou Charleroi, Avtodor Saratov and Szolnoki Olaj, have replaced VEF Riga, PGE Turow Zgorzelec and Juventus Utena for failing to complete their registration in the competition.