60% of Winner League’s players and staff have received COVID-19 vaccine

2021-02-09T13:50:55+00:00 2021-02-09T13:50:55+00:00.

Antigoni Zachari

09/Feb/21 13:50

Eurohoops.net

The Israeli Winner League set sights to become the league with the most COVID-19 vaccinations in the coming weeks

By Eurohoops team / info@eurohoops.net

The Israel Winner League has announced that 60% of its players and coaching staff have been vaccinated for COVID-19 and a further 13% is expected to receive the vaccine in the coming days. Of this 60%, some have received two doses, while some have just received just their first one.

7% of the total Winner League players and staff have already contracted COVID-19 and do not need to be vaccinated, while 20% are not interested in being vaccinated at the moment.

Winner League Chairman Shmuel Frankel stated: “I’m very happy that within a few weeks 80% will be vaccinated and I hope we will be able to convince the other 20% to do so in the near future. We, and those who won’t need to be tested before every game will explain the importance [of the vaccine] to them”.