By John Askounis/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Anadolu Efes is two wins ahead of second-placed Real Madrid in the standings upon the conclusion of EuroLeague Regular Season Round 20. Still 14 games to go before the playoffs, but our MVP seems determined to keep the Turkish outlet on top for the foreseeable future.
Opponents can’t handle Shane Larkin. His latest breathtaking performance launched Anadolu Efes to the comfortable win over slumping LDLC ASVEL Villeurbanne. To the joy of the crowd poured a game-high 29 points with 9/13 from the field including six threes, also had time to dish out seven assists and grab six rebounds.
Eurohoops Best Five
1. Shane Larkin: Make room for our MVP.
2. Mike James: No slowing down here either with 33 points including five made shots beyond the arc for CSKA Moscow.
3. Alexey Shved: Khimki Moscow Region overpowered Real Madrid with the Russian star banking five threes en route for 21 points and handing a career-high 13 assists.
4. Sasha Vezenkov: His personal-best 20 points with five three-pointers got Olympiacos back on track.
5. Othello Hunter: Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv remained undefeated at home with the 33-year-old center packing a 14-point, 14-rebound double-double.
Coach of the week: Aito Garcia Reneses
Just a few days ago, ALBA Berlin was 1-8 on the road. Despite underdog status versus Olympiacos and Crvena Zvezda mts, made the best out of its trips to Greece and Serbia. Aito Garcia Reneses guided his players to success earning our Coach of the week award. Season looks much better for the German club following the pair of away wins.
The big issue: Real Madrid falters in double-game week
Two games in Russia is not an easy task for any side, but Real Madrid certainly expected to draw at least one win this week versus CSKA Moscow or Khimki Moscow Region. Last loss for Pablo Laso’s team came in the first two-game week of the 2019-20 season. Since went undefeated through 13 contests including a couple of double-game weeks, but two straight matches far away from Spain proved too much too handle.