Mitrovic and ASVEL are going to the French court

2020-06-24T14:32:38+00:00 2020-06-25T10:01:08+00:00.

Giannis Askounis

24/Jun/20 14:32

LDLC ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne and Zvezdan Mitrovic moving past the mediation process.

By Eurohoops Team/

Zvezdan Mitrovic and ASVEL tried to find an amicable resolution to their dispute, but the Euroleague mediation did not produce a result.

The 50-year-old Montenegrin and LDLC ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne will attempt to settle their differences through a judicial process, Mitrovic’s lawyer Me Xavier Le Cerf Galle explained, La Croix relays.

“Sadly, Zvezdan Mitrovic will have to move the dispute to the French court seeking full financial compensation,” the lawyer’s statement initially notes.

Since firing Mitrovic, the French club named TJ Parker as the new head coach and Frederic Fauthoux the associate coach.

“I have no problem with the ASVEL president handing 51% of my Zvezdan Mitrovic’s job to his brother and the other 49% to one of his friends who was freed from his contract with Metropolitans 92 in early May. Two men will not be too many to replace him,” he added.

“Amid a pandemic and a social-economic crisis, the decision to terminate a contract with a coach who did his job splendidly on the basis of technical fouls from March and February or even earlier is unheard of and to have his salary registered to Pole Emploi (French governmental agency for unemployed people).”

“The ASVEL president wanted to get rid of the salary of Zvezdan Mitrovic, who remains proficiently qualified, competent and recognized by his peers as a great European coach, to promote his brother’s career by offering him the opportunity to coach at the highest level, a desire of his for several years.”