By Aris Barkas/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Round 3 was one more proof that guards dominate the game in Europe and many of them missed the cut on details, even if we decided to play extreme “small ball”.
And taking into account the difficulty of each game, it was not hard at the end to find the MVP.
He has the numbers (20 points, 8 assists) but the most important about him is that he led Zalgiris Kaunas to the road win against FC Barcelona Lassa. Nobody had a harder task and he did great. That’s why he won this award.
- Sergio Rodriguez: After his worst EuroLeague game in the worst defeat of CSKA Moscow in recent memory, he replied with 25 points, a new career best in the competition, and 9 assists, beating Panathinaikos Superfoods.
- Vasilije Micic: He did the right thing when he decided to play under Saras Jasikevicius.
- Luka Doncic: A new career high with 41 PIR for the boy-wonder, along with 8 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 steals. You can’t write much more about him as he led Real Madrid to the win over Armani AX Olimpia Milano.
- James Anderson: He is one more big asset for perfect Khimki and he proved it with 24 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists in the win over Crvena Zvezda
- Giorgos Printezis: He kept Olympiacos unbeaten in the road win over Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv with 21 points, 2 rebounds and 2 assists.
Coach of the week: Txus Vidorreta
Guess what? Not only Valencia is winning but they do it in style and proved against Baskonia on the road that their goal is the playoffs. Coach Vidorreta arrived in the summer and he already built an impressive, improved version of last season’s team.
Last word: Don’t cry for me Argentina
Many things happened in just two days, but this week will be remembered because of Pablo Prigioni and his decision to leave the bench of Baskonia.