By Aris Barkas/ email@example.com
Big games, big scores, and early thrills! The EuroLeague season started with some impressive performances by the big guns and the notion that the race towards the playoffs will be more interesting than ever.
Having said that, the favorites prevailed and a certain flying Czech stole the show once more.
No matter how you measure his performance, he was amazing. It was a rude welcome for Herbalife Gran Canaria in the EuroLeague with Vesely finishing the game with 19 points, 11 rebounds and just one missed shot. That’s a real MVP.
- Jayson Granger: He had 15 points on 5/7 threes and also four assists, as KIROLBET Baskonia got an impressive road win in Kaunas.
- Matt Lojeski: He is back! He finished the game against Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv with 20 points for Panathinaikos OPAP while making eight out of ten shots.
- Cory Higgins: He continued from where he left last season in his great playoffs games. He had 18 points also with 5/7 threes as CSKA Moscow got an easy win over Barcelona Lassa.
- Anthony Randolph: He is back to his real self and proved it with 16 points on 6/9 FG and three assists in Real Madrid‘s easy win over Darussafaka Tekfen.
- Jan Vesely: In the last game of the first week of action, he was just amazing.
Coach of the week: David Blatt
It might not mean much in the long run, however, Olympiacos got a road win by 21 points on the gym that the Reds were defeated by Khimki last season by 28 points. It’s obvious that a new chapter starts for the Greeks and it can be as impressive as their glorious past.
Last word: The camera gate
The day started with Pedro Martinez being furious about his practice being recorded, EuroLeague explaining that it was a mistake made by the TV crew and Sarunas Jasikevicius had the last word. All’s well, that ends well and Baskonia got also the road win.