By Aris Barkas/ email@example.com
The regular season is just heating up and at least 14 teams can make playoffs dreams. The current standings are a proof of that and in Bavaria, the idea of making it to the post-season is not that crazy after all.
He was added just before the start of the season in Bayern Munich’s roster, however, he is emerging as the man who can change the level of his team. He registered a EuroLeague career high with 27 points, seven rebounds and three assists, while his team beat last season’s Final Four Cinderella Zalgiris Kaunas and with a 6-6 record can aim for the playoffs.
- Marko Guduric: It’s not a surprise that he had a big game with 20 points and 7/8 FG. What’s really important is that he made all the big shots on the last stretch of the game to lead Fenerbache over AX Armani Exchange Olimpia Milano.
- Axel Toupane: He was the X-factor in the crucial win of Olympiacos over Anadolu Efes with 19 points and four made threes, as the Reds are silently thinking about the home-court advantage.
- Derrick Williams: The MVP and Bayern’s new leader.
- Dinos Mitoglou: He had 20 points and just one missed shot to go along with six rebounds in 21 minutes, as Panathinaikos OPAP escaped the upset against Darussafaka Tekfen.
- Vincent Poirier: He had a double-double (12 p. 12 r.) against Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv and an amazing, game-winning dunk for KIROLBET Baskonia.
Coach of the week: Pablo Laso
Nobody doubts him any more and after his week there’s one more win to prove it. Real Madrid toyed with FC Barcelona Lassa once more, something that seems to be a habit in Laso’s era on the bench of the Whites. And while stars come and go, Laso always has a way to keep Madrid on the highest level.
Last word: Who can beat the Top3?
While the race for the playoffs is open, Fenerbahce, CSKA Moscow and Real Madrid seem to be on a league of their own, and even Ettore Messina agrees on that. This is not a surprise, but the question remains. Can anyone surprise the last three champions of the EuroLeague, or the crown will not fall to other hands for one more season?