By Antigoni Zachari / email@example.com
After the end of a round full of intense games, we know for sure that Real Madrid has joined Fenerbahce and CSKA Moscow in the homecourt advantage zone, while Anadolu Efes is one step closer to officially qualifying in next week’s double-game action.
Mike James paced Olimpia Milano in a great victory over visiting Olympiacos by scoring nearly half of his team’s points! In fact, James shared 27 points in Milano‘s 66-57 win, while also posted six rebounds and six assists for a total PIR of 31! Bearing in mind the Italian team’s 14-12 record, we can see that James’ impact in Round 26 will prove to be vital in the last four games where the team has to defend its playoffs position.
- Mike James: The MVP of our round with a huge offensive performance.
- Kostas Sloukas: A huge performance for the Greek player, who ended the game with 22 points and 11 assists for a total PIR of 30!
- Fabien Causeur: He posted 22 points and four rebounds as Real sealed the homecourt advantage in Moscow.
- Vincent Poirier: His effect on Baskonia showed in more than just scoring, as he dominated the boards (13) and also added 8 points.
- Brandon Davies: He tapped 16 points and four rebounds as Zalgiris got past Bayern at home in a morale-boosting victory.
Coach of the week: Rick Pitino
There’s this old saying that goes like this: It’s not over until the fat lady sings. That was the case for Panathinaikos in Moscow, who fought hard and with a buzzer-beater of Nick Calathes sealed a huge win of morale. Of course, Rick Pitino deserves the coach of the week spot, as thanks to his encouragement, Calathes went all in for the game-winning shot.
Last word: Rivals at a tie
While their saga in Greece has been an ongoing war this season, it’s interesting to see Olympiacos and Panathinaikos at a 13-13 tie after 26 rounds. Practically, Olympiacos remains in the Top 8 but will need a great run of victories in the last games of the regular season to remain in playoffs zone, while the Greens could push for a spot there too after their huge victory over CSKA. Anything goes!