By Eurohoops team/ email@example.com
The 2022-23 Basketball Champions League began with a lot of surprises, big statements by the the top contenders, and some impressive performances by veterans and newcomers to the competition, as can be seen as well in the Top 10 plays of Round 1.
The Basketball Champions League, joined by the Viziball Advanced Stats system, listed who had the best performances among the 32 participating teams in the competition:
- Marcelinho Huertas came close to becoming the BCL All-Time assists leader as he ended with 19 points and 7 rebounds in Tenerife’s 89-74 win over Rytas Vilnius.
- Errick McCollum scored the game-winning shot against AEK in his first European game with Pinar Karsiyaka: he added 29 points, 4 rebounds, 10/10 FT, and 5/6 from downtown coming off the bench. Impressive.
- Ludvig Hakanson could become an essential asset for Bilbao, as he demonstrated it with 16 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists in the 54-68 away win against ERA Nymburk.
- Chase Simon was unstoppable in Dijon’s 66-70 victory on the road against PAOK: 25 points, shooting 10/14 from the field and 4/5 from three-point range, capturing 4 rebounds and 3 steals.
- Miro Bilan was impressive in his Peristeri debut under coach Vassilis Spanoulis, resulting in a key factor in the 86-70 win against Bnei Herzliya with 17 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists and a career-high in all competitions of 4 steals.
Here are the Best Five BCL Round 1 players, and you can vote for the Gameday 1 MVP by clicking on it:
🚨 These five guys were the most impactful in their teams' wins this week! Who's your #BasketballCL player of the week? 🧐
— Basketball Champions League (@BasketballCL) October 7, 2022
Photo Credit: Basketball Champions League